Thursday, July 24, 2014

Every time I read a book I create the future (for me)

I just finished "slouching towards Bethlehem" a Joan Didion memoir from the 60's. Making myself the protagonist (as I always do) I thought most about writing and glorifying my home town, for Joan Sacramento fir me yakima wa. I imagined I would be the writer who writes all things yakima and Ultra local news such as what is on the menu at school lunch, what are the best happy hours and who are the movers and shakers of central Wa. I imagined being a reporter at a lot of town hall meetings about which dogs yakima should ban (pit bulls but not Dobermans) and their position in recreational marijiana (against!!). My readers, who live in big cities would think yakimans are quaint and somehow think I am brilliant for writing about how quaint they are

No comments:

Post a Comment