The last time I got this depressed, no one helped me more than Thomas Moore, especially his book "dark night of the soul." One of the biggest concepts in it is finding and embracing your shadow side that you can only see when you are in the midst of your dark night. What side of me am I not allowing to come out? Who am I underneath all of this? What will rise from these ashes? That is very hopeful to me now, that there is meaning in the hell I am living in. I go through hell to see what is on the other side.
Saturday, April 11, 2015
Thomas Moore
The last time I got this depressed, no one helped me more than Thomas Moore, especially his book "dark night of the soul." One of the biggest concepts in it is finding and embracing your shadow side that you can only see when you are in the midst of your dark night. What side of me am I not allowing to come out? Who am I underneath all of this? What will rise from these ashes? That is very hopeful to me now, that there is meaning in the hell I am living in. I go through hell to see what is on the other side.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment