Tuesday, October 7, 2014
Finally went to CPR Class
A few years ago I got my first aid CPR training that was required for my job. It consisted of me being alone with my instructor who stared at me while I breathed unsuccessfully into a baby doll. He eventually passed me, I think because he was tired and wanted to go home. I was so traumatized by this that I refused to renew the experience, event o the point that I am still in the probation period of work despite being a supervisor. Finally, I knew I had to do it, because I wouldn't get my vacation days that I would need to be home when the baby is born, so I had to do it. This time I went with about 20 other people, and the instructor was very entertaining, even if a good portion of what he was talking about was completely wrong. We only spent 10 minutes breathing into the dolls, and because he wasn't paying attention my stress level was much lower and I was able to keep everyone alive, even the dummies. I still wouldn't trust me to keep an alive thing alive, like a human or a puppy, but I think all the baby dolls of america are safe.
Labels:
day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment