Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Rooms for my soul

A few years ago I read St Teresa of Avila's powerful "The Interior Castle". It took me a long time to get a good feel for the book, as it was written in 1577 and she lived inside a specture of religion that has much more guilt and Angst than any I have experienced. But at the very end, I found my entry way. She talked about making rooms in your soul for God to spent time in, and nurting these rooms. This seemed so powerful to me that I have been meditating on this for the last 4 years or so, building and nurting different rooms for reflection, meditation, relaxation and places to feel in the presence of God. So far my main rooms are a library/study, a tatami room, a little chapel in the woods and a quiet indoor pool

                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment